September 25, 2018 – Canada uses innovative immigration policies including Express Entry and the Global Talent Stream to help make up for a shortfall of IT professionals for its growing technology industry.
Five Great Reasons IT Professionals Should Move To Canada
1) Canada is among the world’s most immigrant-friendly countries, with a whole system built to make integration easy. Newcomers get access to government-funded integration programs to help them get the best start to their new lives. Canada’s society is open, tolerant, and ready to welcome all new immigrants, regardless of their backgrounds.
2) IT professionals are acutely in-demand in Canada, meaning job opportunities and salaries are at a premium for the right candidates. IT jobs are widely available, and the federal government has launched the Global Talent Stream to specifically target IT professionals.
3) Canada’s education system has some of the world’s top colleges and universities, with competitive tuition fees for international candidates. Applicants wishing to provide better opportunities for their children, or improve their own education, will have access to some world-renowned institutions. An established, publicly-funded system also provides top-level education up to high school level.
4) Canada has a publicly-funded universal healthcare system, giving peace of mind to its permanent residents and citizens. Each province operates its own healthcare system, providing access for the whole population.
5) Canadian society is safe and secure. It has a stable, democratic political system.
IT Professionals in some of these important positions can come to Canada in two main ways:
- Through applying directly for permanent residence;
- By coming to Canada as a temporary resident on a work permit, before transitioning to permanent residence.
1) Through applying directly for permanent residence
Skilled workers applying directly for permanent residence mainly come through Express Entry.
Canada Express Entry manages the intake of skilled workers to the main federal economic programs, plus certain provincial streams.
Federal Economic Immigration Programs
Candidates wishing to come to Canada through one of these programs must first register a profile in the Express Entry pool.
This profile is given a score against a Comprehensive Ranking System, with the highest scoring profiles receiving an Invitation to Apply in regular draws.
Draws usually happen every two weeks.
There are many ways in which candidates can boost their score while in the Express Entry Pool, including by securing a qualified job offer in Canada, worth 200 or 50 points, depending on the skill level.
Qualified IT professionals are in demand in Canada, meaning the Express Entry system is geared towards accepting them.
What Are Canada’s Top Technology Occupations?
2) By coming to Canada as a temporary resident on a work permit, before transitioning to permanent residence
Increasingly, IT professionals are coming to Canada on a temporary work permit before making the transition to permanent residence.
The federal government launched the Global Talent Stream in June 2017 to specifically target technology occupations.
Candidates with a job offer get their Labour Market Impact Assessment, work permit and Canada visa processed in two weeks if they qualify for the GTS.
It has given Canadian technology start-ups an important advantage when competing for the best overseas hires.
Once candidates are in Canada and working through the GTS – which is operated under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program – they can apply for permanent residence through Express Entry.
How We Can Help IT Professionals Move to Canada
At immigration.ca we offer our international clients top to bottom assistance in both immigration and employment. We provide individual clients with extensive legal counsel drawing on our more than 60 years of in-house combined professional experience.
We do this by giving our clients extensive contacts to 500 Canadian employers, including a live face-to-face tutorial on how to harness the power of LinkedIn, and how candidates can revise their digital, online profiles to maximise their hiring opportunities.
In short, we teach you how to find a job in Canada from overseas.
For those who require language training, we offer a 10-day free trial of IELTS 7 – an online preparation course which provides unlimited access to interactive lessons and practice tests in all 4 modules for Academic IELTS and General Training.
Following the free trial period, candidates have the opportunity to subscribe to the fully tutored version of the 30-day course which includes one-to-one online tuition with an IELTS trainer.
How We Can Help Employers Looking to Hire IT Professionals
If you are an employer looking to recruit foreign talent from abroad, immigration.ca can help. Access our expertise through our in-house recruitment enterprises, grnmontreal.com and our newest asset, skilledworker.com, “the leader in foreign recruitment”.
From technology workers in British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec, long-haul truck drivers in the Prairies and doctors in Nova Scotia we are able and ready to help with your search for the right staff to get your business grow.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.