Last Updated on February 7, 2020
June 14, 2017 – The Ontario immigration office has announced the application intake limit has been reached for its Employer Job Offer Stream.
A statement says Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) officials will monitor applications in the coming months to decide when the stream will reopen.
The Ontario Employer Job Offer category replaces the previous Employer Pre-Screened category with the key difference being the candidate, not the employer, leads the Ontario immigration application process.
The category has two streams, one for foreign workers and one for international students. The employer requirements are the same for both.
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
To qualify, applicants must have:
- A permanent and full time job offer under NOC 0, A or B that meets prevailing wage levels for Ontario;
- Two years of relevant work experience in the previous five years before the date of application;
- Relevant mandatory licensing in Ontario, if the position so requires;
- Live abroad, or be working in or visiting Canada on a valid permit.
Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream
This stream is not to be confused with Ontario’s Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate categories, which do not require job offers.
To qualify for the Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream, applicants must have:
- A permanent and full time job offer under NOC 0, A or B that meets entry wage levels for Ontario;
- Graduated or met requirements of a full-time minimum two-year degree from a publicly-funded Canadian college or university; or
- Graduated or met requirements of a full-time minimum one-year post-graduate diploma program from a publicly-funded Canadian college or university.
- Completed at least half the studies in Canada;
- Apply within two years from the date you completed the above course.
Current Status of OINP Streams
|Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry)||Open|
|French-Speaking Skilled Worker (Express Entry)||Open|
|Skilled Trades (Express Entry)||Open|
|Employer Job Offer||Paused (June 10, 2017)|
|International Student (Masters Graduate)||Paused (May 1, 2017)|
|International Student (PhD Graduate)||Paused (May 24, 2017)|
|Investor Immigration (Corporate)||Open|
|Investor Immigration (Entrepreneur)||Open|
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.