Last Updated on February 15, 2019
February 15, 2019 – When you think technology occupations, Mathematicians and Statisticians may not immediately spring to mind, but they are among the most prominent candidates for Canada immigration.
These more traditional subjects, covered under National Occupational Classification 2161, have remained as relevant as they were before the technology revolution, and Canada has a shortage of skilled workers to fill vacancies.
Of the many positions available to qualified Mathematicians and Statisticians, financial analyst is perhaps the most popular one.
These are staff members who maintain the financial health of a business, which can be the difference between death and survival.
Once in Canada and working, candidates are able to use the experience gained to apply for permanent residence through the Express Entry system.
Duties: Mathematicians and Statisticians
- Mathematicians conduct research to extend mathematical knowledge in traditional areas of mathematics such as algebra, geometry, probability and logic and apply mathematical techniques to the solution of problems in scientific fields such as physical science, engineering, computer science or other fields such as operations research, business or management.
- Statisticians conduct research into the mathematical basis of the science of statistics, develop statistical methodology and advise on the practical application of statistical methodology. They also apply statistical theory and methods to provide information in scientific and other fields such as biological and agricultural science, business and economics, physical sciences and engineering, and the social sciences.
Salaries for Mathematicians and Statisticians will vary depending on which of a variety of available roles they are employed in.
Taking financial analyst as an example, the most experienced candidates can currently expect to make in the region of $105,000 per year at the top end of the scale.
Major cities including Calgary, Toronto and Vancouver offer the best renumeration.
Less experienced candidates can expect to come into the country on $60,000 to $70,000 per year, with the salary increasing as experience is gained.
How Immigration.ca Can Help Mathematicians and Statisticians Move to Canada
At immigration.ca we offer our international clients top to bottom assistance in both immigration and employment.
We provide individual Global Talent Stream work permit candidates with:
- Comprehensive job search service through our in-house recruitment enterprises, skilledworker.com and grnmontreal.com.
- Contacts to 500 Canadian employers.
- Live face-to-face tutorial on how to harness the power of LinkedIn.
- Expert advice on revising online profiles to maximise hiring opportunities.
Once candidates are in Canada and working through the GTS, they can apply for permanent residence through Express Entry or an applicable provincial nomination program (PNP).
Immigration.ca will maximize your chances with:
- Expert advice on how to maximize your profile score in the Express Entry Pool.
- Strategies on which areas of your profile could be improved to increase your score.
- Targeting provincial Express Entry streams that may be looking for candidates like you.
- Exploring the full range of Canada immigration options, both within and outside Express Entry.
How We Can Help Employers Looking to Hire Mathematicians and Statisticians
If you are an employer looking to recruit foreign talent from abroad, immigration.ca can help. Access our expertise through our in-house recruitment enterprises, www.grnmontreal.com and our newest asset, www.skilledworker.com, “the leader in foreign recruitment”.
From technology workers in British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec, Long-haul truck drivers in the Prairies and doctors in Nova Scotia we are able and ready to help with your search for the right staff to get your business grow.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.