May 16, 2018 – Ontario immigration has conducted a new draw for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program’s Entrepreneur Stream.
The draw, conducted on May 14, 2018 saw the OINP issue 10 Invitations to Apply to candidates, with a minimum score of 127.
Francophone Skilled Workers Targeted in Latest Ontario Immigration Draw
Ontario Immigration Invites New Batch of Skilled Trades Candidates
Francophone and International Student Immigrants: Ontario Wants You
This was the fourth draw of 2018 under OES, with specific details published for the first time by the province. This comes following an agreement on immigration signed with Canada’s federal government in late 2018.
The previous OES draw, on April 16, 2018 saw the OINP issue 13 Invitations to Apply to candidates, with a minimum score of 132.
Ontario Entrepreneur Stream: Steps to Canadian Permanent Residency
Step 1: Make Sure You Satisfy all Criteria and Requirements
Step 2: Complete and Submit an Online Expression of Interest (EOI)
Step 3: Invitation to Apply
Step 4: Submit Your Online Application
Step 5: Application Assessment
Step 6: Sign Performance Agreement
Step 7: Before You Arrive: Temporary Work Permit
Step 8: After You Arrive: 20 Months For Business Establishment
Step 9: Nomination for Permanent Residence
Step 10: Application For Permanent Residence, Plus Three Years of Monitoring
Ontario Corporate Stream: Steps to Canadian Permanent Residency
Step 1: Make Sure You Satisfy all the Criteria and Requirements of the OCS
Step 2: Submit Application
Step 3: Application Assessment
Step 4: Sign Performance Agreement
Step 5: Temporary Work Permit
Step 6: Arrival and Business Establishment
Step 7: Nomination and Application for Permanent Residence
Step 8: Monitoring
Summary: Canada-Ontario Immigration Agreement
- Ontario will provide an annual provincial immigration plan to the federal government, to be considered when Canada-wide annual levels are finalized.
- Develop ways to increase numbers of French-speaking immigrants, an improve integration services for when those immigrants arrive.
- Recognize the important role played by local government in attracting and retaining newcomers.
- Promotion and recruitment of immigrants and temporary residents to meet Ontario’s labour market needs.
- Ontario’s authority to nominate immigrants under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.
- Continued investment in the integration of immigrants particularly with regard to reception, health, education and social services.
- Promotion of a multicultural Canadian society.
Ontario has also begun publishing details of draws under its popular Express Entry streams, including Human Capital Priorities, French Speaking Skilled Worker and Skilled Trades.
The OINP has received an increased federal government allocation for 2018 of 6,600 nominations, up 600 on the number for 2017.
It recently briefly re-opened its popular International Student Stream for Masters graduates for the second time in 2018, closing it again hours later. The PhD graduate stream remains open.
Status of OINP Streams
|Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry)||Open|
|French-Speaking Skilled Worker (Express Entry)||Open|
|Skilled Trades (Express Entry)||Open|
|Employer Job Offer||Open|
|International Student (Masters Graduate)||Closed|
|International Student (PhD Graduate)||Open|
|Investor Immigration (Corporate)||Open|
|Investor Immigration (Entrepreneur)||Open|
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.