Last Updated on February 7, 2020
February 5, 2019 – Ontario immigration has conducted a new draw under its Express Entry-linked French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream.
Canada’s largest province issued Notifications of Interest to 29 candidates in the February 1 draw.
To qualify, candidates needed to have submitted Express Entry profiles between February 1, 2018 and February 1, 2019.
Ontario has issued NOIs to 128 FSSW candidates so far in 2019.
- Ontario Eclipsed by Prince Edward Island on Important Canada Immigration Statistic
- Ontario Conducts Massive Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Draw
- Ontario Immigration Starts 2019 With French Speaking Skilled Worker Draw
There is no minimum points requirement for the stream. Candidates must have a minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark 7 in French and 6 in English to qualify.
Ontario has not yet published its federal government nomination allocation for 2019.
The province was granted an increase of 250 to its allocation for 2018, after reaching the initial target of 6,600 nominations.
What Are The Details of The Latest FSSW Stream Draw?
|Date||NOIs Issued||Express Entry profile submission date|
|01-Feb-19||29||Feb 01, 2018 to Feb 01 2019|
What Are The Requirements For The Ontario Express Entry: French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream?
To qualify applicants must have:
- Pending application under the Federal Express Entry system;
- Minimum of 1-year of full time, or full time equivalent work experience under NOC occupation level 0, A or B;
- Canadian equivalent Bachelors degree, Masters degree or PhD;
- Minimum CLB level 7 in TEF exam (French); AND minimum CLB 6 in IELTS exam (English)
- Intention to reside in the Province of Ontario.
The OINP began publishing information about specific draws at the beginning of 2018.
The province conducted 44 French Speaking Skilled Worker draws in 2018, and four so far in 2019.
Ontario also conducts draws for its Human Capital Priorities, Skilled Trades and Entrepreneur streams
Ontario NOIs Issued So Far in 2019
|Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP)||1,493|
|French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream (FSSW)||128|
|Skilled Trades Stream (ST)||371|
The OINP is currently accepting applications for all but one of its immigration streams.
Status of Ontario Streams
|Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry)||Open|
|French-Speaking Skilled Worker (Express Entry)||Open|
|Skilled Trades (Express Entry)||Open|
|Employer Job Offer||Open|
|International Student (Masters Graduate)||Closed|
|International Student (PhD Graduate)||Open|
|Investor Immigration (Corporate)||Open|
|Investor Immigration (Entrepreneur)||Open|
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.