The Government of New Brunswick promotes its own Express Entry stream. It enables the province to nominate qualified candidates for admission to Canada under the federal Express Entry immigration system, without a sponsoring employer. The province nominates qualified applicants from the federal Express Entry pool.
The New Brunswick Express Entry Labour Market Stream (EELMS) is aimed at selecting applicants who have the education, experience, language proficiency and adaptability to successfully establish in New Brunswick and contribute to the province’s development. Nomination is based on a points system, where applicants receive consideration under the following factors:
- Education and Training;
- Work Experience;
- Language Ability;
- Connections to New Brunswick, including a family member, job offer, work or study experience in the province.
Applicants must score a minimum of 67 out of a possible 100 points under the above mentioned selection factors to be considered for nomination. Applicants must also meet the following mandatory criteria:
- Be between 22 and 55 years old.
- Have a minimum of one year of work experience in the past five years in an occupation classified as Skill level “0” , “A” or “B” of the National Occupational Classification (NOC);
- Demonstrate a minimum language proficiency of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7, or higher if required by employers or regulatory bodies;
- Demonstrate sufficient settlement funds if applying without an approved job offer.
Applicants interested in applying through the New Brunswick Express Entry Labour Market Stream will need to have a profile in the federal Express Entry immigration system. From there, it will be possible to submit an Expression of Interest to the NBPNP from the 1st to the 15th of each month. Applicants deemed suitable by the province will receive an invitation to apply to the EELMS from the first of the following submission month.
July 2015 update:
Given the large number of EOI received so far, New Brunswick will only accept applications from professionals with experience in the following occupations:
- Information technology: programmers, analysts, technical customer support, sales
- Business analysts
- Retail trade managers
- Hospitality managers, chefs with formal professional education
- Manufacturing managers
- Industrial mechanics
- Industrial electricians
- Translators (English-French)
- Financials analysts and accountants (certified in Canada)
Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with your evaluation results within 1-2 business days.