Last Updated on May 19, 2021
Nova Scotia immigration has conducted a new business immigration draw, targeting International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream candidates.
The draw, which took place on May 3, saw 2 invitations issued through the Nova Scotia Nominee Program. Candidates required 44 points to qualify.
Detailed requirements for the stream are below.
Nova Scotia International Graduate Entrepreneur Draw Details
|Draw date||Stream||Number of invitations||Score of lowest-ranked candidate invited|
|03-May-20||International Graduate Entrepreneur||2||44|
Immigration Expected to Fuel Nova Scotia’s Economic Recovery Post-COVID-19
Nova Scotia Immigration Targets French Speakers In New Express Entry-Linked Draw
Nova Scotia Immigration Issues 43 Invitations In New Business Immigration Draw
Nova Scotia International Graduate Entrepreneur
The International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream is aimed at recent graduates from a Nova Scotia university or the Nova Scotia Community College. They must have started or purchased a Nova Scotia business and operated it for a year on a Post-Graduation Work Permit.
Candidates are nominated for permanent residence if they intend to settle in the province. The stream works on an Expression of Interest format similar to the Entrepreneur stream.
International Graduate Entrepreneur: Steps
- Expression of Interest
- Invitation to Apply
- In-Person Interview and Nomination
- Apply for Permanent Residence
International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream: Candidate Requirements
- Want to live permanently in Nova Scotia while owning and actively managing a Nova Scotia business.
- Minimum one year of continuous experience actively managing and owning your current Nova Scotia business (100 per cent ownership).
- Have completed a degree or diploma including a minimum of 2 academic years of full-time, in-person study at a Nova Scotia university or the Nova Scotia Community College.
- Valid post-graduation work permit.
- A minimum score of 7 on the Canadian Language Benchmark in speaking, listening, reading and writing in English or French.