Last Updated on February 7, 2020
January 29, 2019 – Nova Scotia issued letters of interest to 300 financial auditors and accountants in the most recent draw through the provincial Express Entry Labour Market Priorities stream.
The draw, dated January 24, saw candidates with Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System scores as low as 400 targeted for Nova Scotia immigration.
Candidates needed to have at least five years of experience in the targeted occupations, covered under NOC 1111.
Requirements for January 24 Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities Draw
- Candidates in NOC 1111, financial auditors and accountants, must have submitted a profile to the Express Entry pool on or after July 1, 2018.
- A Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score from 400 to 450.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree OR have completed a program of three or more years at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institutes.
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark score of 7 or higher in English or French for speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- Have five years or more of work experience in NOC 0, A or B, and provide letters of reference from employers to demonstrate proof of a minimum of five years of work experience in NOC 1111.
Nova Scotia immigration launched Labour Market Priorities in August 2018 to allow the province to single out specific occupations.
Candidates must meet specific requirements including work experience and settlement funds.
Letters of interest will then be issued to those who are in the Express Entry Pool with experience in the targeted occupation.
Candidates receiving a letter of interest have 30 calendar days to submit a complete application.
Nova Scotia Targets Early Childhood Educators With New Express Entry Stream
Calling Doctors: Nova Scotia Immigration’s Physician Stream Wants You
Nova Scotia Looks For Quality Over Quantity Through Atlantic Immigration Pilot
What Are The General Requirements For Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities?
- Receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program within the Express Entry system.
- Submit your application within 30 calendar days of the date on which your letter of interest was issued.
- Meet the minimum work experience requirements of the Express Entry stream for which you have qualified.
- Demonstrate sufficient funds to successfully establish yourself and your family in Nova Scotia and to pay your immigration costs and travel expenses.
- Have legal status in your current country of residence.
- Meet eligibility criteria in place at the time you have issued a Letter of Interest.
This is only the second draw conducted through the Labour Market Priorities stream.
The first targeted occupation was NOC 4214: Early Childhood Educators and Assistants, with Letters of Interest sent on August 8, 2018.
Nova Scotia now operates 7 different streams for immigration.
What Are Nova Scotia’s Immigration Streams?
- Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
- Skilled Worker
- International Graduate Entrepreneur
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free online evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.