Last Updated on February 7, 2020
August 3, 2018 – Nova Scotia immigration has launched a new Express Entry stream that will initially target early childhood educators.
The Labour Market Priorities stream is designed to allow the province to single out specific occupations for immigration.
Candidates must meet specific requirements including work experience and settlement funds.
Entrepreneurs Invited To Apply For Nova Scotia Immigration
Nova Scotia To Open Key Express Entry Stream With Revised Target Occupations
Nova Scotia Immigration Officials Travel to UK For Physician Stream Interviews
Letters of interest will then be issued to those who are in the Express Entry Pool with experience in the targeted occupation.
The province has announced that the first target occupation in NOC 4214: Early Childhood Educators and Assistants, with Letters of Interest to be sent on August 8, 2018.
What Are The General Requirements For Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities?
- Receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program within the Express Entry system.
- Meet the minimum work experience requirements of the Express Entry stream for which you have qualified.
- Demonstrate sufficient funds to successfully establish yourself and your family in Nova Scotia and to pay your immigration costs and travel expenses.
- Have legal status in your current country of residence.
- Meet eligibility criteria in place at the time you are issued a Letter of Interest.
What Are The Requirements For The Early Childhood Educator Draw?
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in NOC 4214: Early Childhood Educators and Assistants
- Letters of reference must:
- Be written on company letterhead.
- Be signed by the responsible human resources officer, supervisor, or manager.
- Show company’s full address, telephone number, e-mail and website addresses and be stamped with the company’s official seal (if applicable).
- Include all of the following information in one document:
- the specific period of your employment with the company.
- the positions you have held during the period of employment and time spent in each position.
- your main responsibilities and duties in each position.
- your annual salary plus benefits in each position.
- the number of hours worked per week in each position.
- proof that your work experience meets the lead statement and NOC description.
The new category means Nova Scotia now operates 7 different streams for immigration.
What Are Nova Scotia’s Immigration Streams?
- Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
- Skilled Worker
- International Graduate Entrepreneur
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.