July 15, 2019 – Ontario immigration has moved to add three new occupations under the Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream.
Canada’s largest province has also reduced the work experience requirement through the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program stream, to nine months within the last three years.
Previously, candidates were required to have 12 months of work experience in the last three years.
The occupations being added to the stream are:
- NOC 3413: Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- NOC 4412: Home support workers and related occupations, excluding housekeepers
- NOC 7511: Transport truck drivers
The In-Demand Skills Stream changes are part of a raft of new proposals announced in the Ontario budget in April.
After a public consultation that ended on May 30, 2019, Ontario confirmed the changes in an OINP announcement on July 8, 2019.
The OINP announcement said: “Under the In-Demand Skills Stream, the work experience requirement has been reduced and three new National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes related to personal support workers and transport truck drivers were added as eligible occupations to support changing labour market needs.”
Consultation Period Ends For Raft of Planned Ontario Immigration Changes
Ontario Slashes Entrepreneur Stream Investment, Net Worth and Experience Requirements
Ontario Immigration To Begin Tech Draws Targeting 6 Technology Sector Occupations
Eligible Occupations For The In-Demand Skills Stream
|National Occupations Classification||Job Title|
|NOC 3413||Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates|
|NOC 4412||Home support workers and related occupations, excluding housekeepers|
|NOC 7441||Residential and commercial installers and servicers|
|NOC 7511||Transport truck drivers|
|NOC 7521||Heavy equipment operators (except crane)|
|NOC 8431||General farm workers|
|NOC 8432||Nursery and greenhouse workers|
|NOC 8611||Harvesting labourers|
|NOC 7611||Construction trades helpers and labourers|
|NOC 9462||Industrial butchers, meat cutters, poultry preparers, related workers|
Requirements For The In-Demand Skills Stream
This stream targets candidates with specific skilled in-demand in Ontario. To qualify, applicants must have:
- A permanent and full-time job offer under certain occupations in the agriculture or construction sector and meets the median wage in Ontario for the occupation (see table below), and in a position that is necessary to the business.
- For those already working in the position, the proposed wage must be equal or greater than the current wage being paid.
- 9 months of cumulative work experience in the last three years in one of the eligible occupations. Experience must be paid and full time, or the equivalent amount in part time work in Ontario.
- Seasonal work does not count.
- Equivalent of Canadian high school education or higher.
- Valid certificate or license at the time of application for any claimed work experience that requires it.
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 4 in English or French in all language competencies.
- Sufficient funds and/or income in Ontario to cover settlement costs for you and your family members.
- Live abroad, or be working, studying or visiting Canada on a valid permit;
- Intention to settle in Ontario.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.