The July 12 Human Capital Priorities stream draw saw invites issued to candidates scoring as low as 439 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.
To qualify, candidates needed to have created an Express Entry profile between July 12, 2018 and July 12, 2019.
Ontario Human Capital Priorities Tech Draw
|Date/time NOIs issued||Number of NOIs issued||Profiles created in IRCC’s Express Entry system||CRS score range|
|July 12, 2019 10am EST||1,623||July 12, 2018 to July 12, 2019||439-459|
Ontario announced it would be starting Tech Draws earlier in July, focused on six specific technology occupations:
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
- Computer engineers (NOC 2147)
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213)
The draws are designed to address labour shortages in the technology sector in Canada’s largest province.
Candidates must meet existing HCP requirements (see below) as well as have work experience in one of the stated occupations.
Candidates selected from the Express Entry pool receive a Notification of Interest via their Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) account.
They then have 45 days to submit a full application.
LATEST OINP NEWS
- Ontario Targets 10 Occupations With 1,072 Notifications of Interest
- Consultation Period Ends For Raft of Planned Ontario Immigration Changes
- Ontario Issues NOIs to 360 in Largest-Ever French Speaking Skilled Worker Draw
As part of the new focus on technology occupations, Ontario has also launched a new Business Immigration Services team.
Dedicated staff are on hand to help employers looking to fill tech worker vacancies.
Employers can also get up-to-date information about application processing times and nominations issued to date.
What Are The Requirements For the Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream?
To qualify applicants must have:
- Ongoing profile under the Federal Express Entry system and be qualified for either the FSWP or the CEC.
- Hold minimum of 1-year of full time, or full-time equivalent work experience under NOC occupation level 0, A or B, in the past five years if applying under the FSWP or in the past three years if applying under CEC.
- Hold the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelors degree or higher.
- Show language proficiency of minimum CLB/NCLC level 7 in English or in French.
- Intention to reside in the province of Ontario.
- Residing with legal status in Canada, if applicable.
- Proof of required settlement funds.
Summary of Ontario NOIs 2019
|Stream||Notifications of interest|
|Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP)||4,188|
|French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream (FSSW)||549|
|Skilled Trades Stream (ST)||732|
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.