Jan 9, 2018 – The Ontario Immigration Act, 2015, which, along with its Regulations, lays the legislative framework for the new Ontario Immigration Nomination Program which has come into force with effect from January 1, 2018.
The Act provides legislative sanction for creation of:
- Registry of Ontario employers and recruiters eligible to make job offers and provide recruitment service respectively to foreign nationals.
- Creation of Settlement and Integration programs.
- Creation and regulation of selection programs including eligibility norms and other requirements related to temporary and permanent immigration into the province.
- Inspections, investigations, offences, and administrative and other penalties.
The Act is aimed at strengthening transparency, consistency, and accountability of the OINP, which, since its launch in 2007, has become a preferred option for foreign nationals seeking work and/or immigration in the province.
The coming into force of the new Act is another step by the Ontario government’s attempt to make the province an attractive destination for skilled workers, entrepreneurs, and other talented immigrants from all over the world.
The Act positions the province as a full partner with the Federal government on immigration and facilitates greater control over selection of immigrants. It also lays the foundation for the province to expand its immigration nominee program and manage its various streams in a more efficient and effective manner.
The notification comes in the wake of the recent Canada-Ontario Immigration Agreement, which recognized the province as the top destination for immigrants, more than 100,000 every year, seeking temporary and permanent residence in the country.
Immigration Streams under OINP
- Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry)
- French-Speaking Skilled Worker (Express Entry)
- Skilled Trades (Express Entry)
- Employer Job Offer
- International Student (Masters Graduate)
- International Student (PhD Graduate)
- Investor Immigration (Corporate)
- Investor Immigration (Entrepreneur)
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.