Last Updated on February 6, 2020
2019-09-24 – Ontario immigration has announced the closure of the intake period for its Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream.
The popular Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program stream opened on August 27, 2019, and closed on September 23, the province said.
An OINP statement said that both the Employer Job Offer streams for Foreign Workers and International Students will remain closed for the remainder of 2019.
Ontario Targets Nearly 1,000 Express Entry Candidates With CRS Scores As Low As 439
Ontario Tech Draws: An In-Depth Look At Every Targeted Occupation
Ontario Immigration Conducts Major New Tech Draw, Issuing 1,773 NOIs
“The Employer Job Offer Foreign Worker and International Student streams have seen a significant increase in applications in 2019 and due to Ontario’s limited nomination allocation from the Federal government, the province has met its application target for these streams for the year,” the statement said.
“The Employer Job Offer Foreign Worker and International Student Streams will re-open in 2020 to accept applications for the new nomination year.”
Ontario’s Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream remains open to applications.
The Ontario Employer Job Offer category replaced the previous Employer Pre-Screened category with the key difference being that the candidate, not the employer, leads the application process.
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
To qualify under this stream, applicants must have:
- A permanent and full-time job offer under NOC 0, A or B that meets the median wage levels for Ontario, and in a position that is necessary to the business.
- For those already working in the position, the proposed wage must be equal or greater than the current wage being paid.
- Two cumulative years of relevant work experience in the previous five years before the date of application.
- Relevant mandatory licensing in Ontario, if the position requires.
- Live abroad, or be working, studying or visiting Canada on a valid permit.
- Intention to settle in Ontario.
Under the stream, businesses must also meet several requirements:
- Been active for the past three years.
- Have premises in Ontario.
- Comply with all the employment, health and safety legislation.
- If located in Greater Toronto Area (GTA): minimum of $1,000,000 in gross annual revenue and five full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- If located outside GTA: minimum of $500,000 in gross annual revenue and three full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- For the Foreign Worker Stream only: Demonstrate recruitment efforts if the applicant is living outside Canada or is working in Canada but outside Ontario.
- If the applicant is currently working in Ontario, this requirement is waived.