Last Updated on February 16, 2021
Ontario immigration has issued 1,186 Notifications if Interest in a new Tech Draw through its Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) draw took place on February 16, with the invited candidates scoring between 466 and 467 Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.
Candidates were required to have submitted Express Entry profiles between February 16, 2020 and February 16, 2021.
Tech Draws target six technology occupations:
- 0213 – Computer and information systems managers
- 2147 – Computer engineers
- 2172 – Database analysts and data administrators
- 2173 – Software engineers and designers
- 2174 – Computer programmer and interactive media developers
- 2175 – Web designers and developers
The draws are designed to address labour shortages in the technology sector in Canada’s largest province.
Candidates must meet existing HCP requirements (see below) as well as have work experience in one of the stated occupations.
Candidates selected from the Express Entry pool receive a Notification of Interest via their Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) account.
They then have 45 days to submit a full application.
LATEST OINP NEWS
- Ontario Targets 10 Occupations With 1,072 Notifications of Interest
- Consultation Period Ends For Raft of Planned Ontario Immigration Changes
- Ontario Issues NOIs to 360 in Largest-Ever French Speaking Skilled Worker Draw
What Are The Requirements For the Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream?
To qualify applicants must have:
- Ongoing profile under the Federal Express Entry system and be qualified for either the FSWP or the CEC.
- Hold minimum of 1-year of full time, or full-time equivalent work experience under NOC occupation level 0, A or B, in the past five years if applying under the FSWP or in the past three years if applying under CEC.
- Hold the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelors degree or higher.
- Show language proficiency of minimum CLB/NCLC level 7 in English or in French.
- Intention to reside in the province of Ontario.
- Residing with legal status in Canada, if applicable.
- Proof of required settlement funds.
Summary of Ontario NOIs 2021
|Stream||Notifications of interest|
|Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP)||1,469|
|French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream (FSSW)||146|
|Skilled Trades Stream (ST)||338|