Last Updated on May 18, 2021
Ontario immigration has conducted a new Expression of Interest draw, issuing 138 Invitations to Apply through the Employer Job Offer: International Student stream.
The May 18 Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) draw features a minimum score of 77, with candidates invited who submitted profiles between April 28 and May 18, 2021.
It was a general draw, meaning no specific occupations or other criteria were required.
Ontario Immigration Launches Expression of Interest System
Ontario Immigration Express Entry Tech Draw: Province Issues 1,186 NOIs
Ontario Immigration Maxes Out 2020 Nomination Allocation – Including 450 Extra Spaces
The Ontario EOI system manages application intake for the following streams:
- Employer Job Offer category.
- Foreign Worker stream (open).
- International Student stream (open).
- In-Demand Skills stream (coming soon).
- Masters Graduate (coming soon).
- Ph.D. Graduate (coming soon).
Ontario Expression of Interest Ranking System
Points are awarded based on the following attributes:
- Level and field of education and where they completed their studies.
- Proficiency in English or French.
- Intention to settle outside of the Greater Toronto Area.
- Skill and work experience level, earnings history, other factors relevant to prospects in Ontario job market.
- Labour market needs in the province or region of the province.
Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream
To qualify under this stream, applicants must have:
- A permanent and full-time job offer under NOC 0, A or B that meets low wage levels for Ontario, and in a position that is necessary to the business;
- For those already working in the position, the proposed wage must be equal or greater than the current wage being paid
- Graduated or met requirements of a full-time minimum two-year degree from a publicly-funded Canadian college or university; OR
- Graduated or met requirements of a full-time minimum one-year post-graduate diploma program from a publicly-funded Canadian college or university.
- Completed at least half the studies in Canada;
- Apply within two years from the date you completed the above course
- Legal status in Ontario
- Intention to settle in Ontario.