Last Updated on February 6, 2020
April 30, 2019 – Ontario immigration opened its hugely popular Masters Graduate Stream to receive 667 registrations on Tuesday April 30, 2019.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program stream opened and closed quickly on Tuesday morning, with all the registration places filled.
Those who successfully registered received a confirmation number from the OINP e-Filing Portal. The province says successful registrants will receive a confirmation email with a file number within three working days.
Once a file number is received, candidates have 14 days to submit a full application.
Ontario Immigration’s Masters Graduate Stream Closes Due to Technical Issue
Ontario Receives 333 Of Targeted 1,000 Masters Graduate Stream Applications
Ontario Immigration Pauses Intake For Employer Job Offer Streams
Ontario Releases Details of Planned Changes to In-Demand Skills and Express Entry Streams
Ontario last opened the Masters Graduate Stream on Tuesday March 5, when technical issues meant only 333 of a targeted 1,000 registrations could be received.
Since then, the province has been working to solve the technical issue, without providing any further details.
The latest opening of the streams means the 1,000 target has now been achieved.
An OINP statement said: “The stream is now closed and no additional registrations for this stream will be accepted until further notice.”
Ontario advises those interest in the stream to continue to monitor its website for further updates.
The OINP issued nominations to 1,215 Masters Graduate Stream candidates in 2018, out of an annual total of 6,850 nominations.
Ontario is one of the only provinces running immigration streams for international graduates that do not require a job offer.
Changes to the Ontario International Masters Graduate Stream in 2017 mean applications are now accepted from candidates living in Ontario or abroad.
Applications from other Canadian provinces or territories are not accepted.
To be eligible to apply for an Ontario nomination as an international student, candidates must:
- Have completed at least half of their studies in Canada;
- Be in their last semester of post-secondary studies;
- Or have completed their studies in Canada within two years.
Masters Graduate Stream: Requirements
- Graduated from a master’s degree program at a publicly funded Ontario university and have completed at least one year full time.
- Have level 7 or above English or French.
- Lived in Ontario for at least one year in the last two.
- Have sufficient settlement funds.
- Intend to live and work in Ontario.
- Must either legally live in Ontario or live abroad. Applications from elsewhere in Canada will not be accepted.
- Application must be within two years of date on master’s degree certificate.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.