Last Updated on September 29, 2020
Ontario immigration opened an application window for the Masters Graduate Stream on September 29, with 1,215 registrations received.
The popular Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program stream opened and closed in a matter of hours.
Candidates who successfully registered will receive an email with their file number in the next three business days, and will then have 14 days to submit their application.
- Ontario Immigration to Introduce Expression of Interest System
- Ontario Targets 703 Candidates In New Human Capital Priorities Draw
- Ontario Entrepreneur Stream Draw: 21 Invitations Issued
“The stream is now closed and no additional registrations for this stream will be accepted,” an OINP statement said.
“Demand for the OINP is high, and Ontario continuously balances intake across its streams. This includes strategically managing application intake to ensure that the program is meeting the needs of employers and filling specific labour market gaps across Ontario.”
The statement added that application intake would be monitored across all streams to determine if the Masters Graduate Stream would open again in 2020.
The same goes for the Employer Job Offer: International Student and Foreign Worker streams.
Masters Graduate Stream: Details
This stream offers an opportunity to obtain permanent residence to international students who obtained a masters degree in Ontario without requiring a job offer.
To be eligible to apply, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Graduated from a Master’s degree program from an eligible institution in Ontario, that was at least one-year full-time.
- Obtained minimum language CLB/NCLC level 7 or above in English or in French.
- Resided legally in Ontario for at least one year in the last two.
- Have sufficient settlement funds.
- Intend to live and work in Ontario.
- Must have legal status in Ontario or abroad.
- Applications from elsewhere in Canada will not be accepted.
- Application must be submitted within two years of completing the requirements to graduate from the master’s degree.