Last Updated on February 7, 2020
It is not clear whether any applications were received when the stream opened at 10am. Ontario had intended to accept 1,000 applications during the window.
An Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program statement said: “Please be advised that due to technical issues the OINP has closed intake to the Masters Graduate Stream.”
Ontario has advised candidates to continue to monitor its website for future developments.
The Masters Graduate Stream is aimed at candidates who have graduated from a master’s program at an eligible Ontario institution, meet language requirements and have lived in the province for at least one year in the last two. A job offer is not required.
Candidates must register online through the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program e-Filing Portal.
Ontario issued nominations to 1,215 Masters Graduate Stream candidates in 2018, out of an annual total of 6,850 OINP nominations.
The last time it opened, in April 2018, the stream closed again in about an hour after meeting its quota.
Ontario is one of the only provinces running immigration streams for international graduates that do not require a job offer. The other is Quebec under the Quebec Experience Program.
Changes to the Ontario International Masters Graduate Stream in 2017 mean applications are now accepted from candidates living in Ontario or abroad.
Applications from other Canadian provinces or territories are not accepted.
To be eligible to apply for an Ontario nomination as an international student, candidates must:
- Have completed at least half of their studies in Canada;
- Be in their last semester of post-secondary studies;
- Or have completed their studies in Canada within two years.
Masters Graduate Stream: Requirements
- Graduated from a master’s degree program at a publicly funded Ontario university and have completed at least one year full time.
- Have level 7 or above English or French.
- Lived in Ontario for at least one year in the last two.
- Have sufficient settlement funds.
- Intend to live and work in Ontario.
- Must either legally live in Ontario or live abroad. Applications from elsewhere in Canada will not be accepted.
- Application must be within two years of date on master’s degree certificate.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.