Last Updated on August 26, 2020
Ontario immigration is issuing Notifications of Interest to candidates in nine occupations through the provincial Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream.
A Wednesday, August 26 announcement on the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) website said the province would “issue targeted notifications of interest”.
The nine targeted National Occupational Classification codes include jobs in finance, advertising, sales and healthcare.
The announcement said the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score range would be posted later in the day.
Express Entry Human Capital Priorities: Targeted Occupations For August 26 Draw
- 0111 Financial managers
- 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- 0601 Corporate sales managers
- 1111 Financial auditors and accountants
- 1114 Other financial officers
- 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting
- 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 3124 Allied primary health practitioners
- 3132 Dietitians and nutritionists
Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream
The OINP issues periodic Notifications of Interest (NOI) throughout the year.
This stream is designed for skilled workers who wish to live and work in Ontario, and who have proven skills and abilities to successfully establish themselves in the province.
To qualify under this stream, applicants must have:
- Ongoing profile under the Federal Express Entry system and be qualified for either the FSWP or the CEC.
- Hold a minimum of 1-year of full time, or full-time equivalent work experience under NOC occupation level 0, A or B, in the past five years if applying under the FSWP or in the past three years if applying under CEC.
- Hold the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelors’s degree or higher.
- Show language proficiency of minimum CLB/NCLC level 7 in English or in French.
- Intention to reside in the province of Ontario.
- Residing with legal status in Canada, if applicable.
- Proof of required settlement funds.
- Minimum Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System score as determined by the director under period draws.
Ontario will select eligible applicants from the Express Entry Pool. Candidates must:
- Meet the eligibility criteria for the HCP stream AND
- Meet the minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score.
The application for nomination must be submitted within 45 calendar days from the NOI. An application fee of $1,500 is due at this time.
If the application is approved, the candidate will receive a nomination certificate and 600 points under their Express Entry profile.