August 17, 2017 – The Ontario immigration office has launched a new pilot program aimed at workers with a job offer in a high demand occupation.
The Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream is currently open to applications from candidates in 9 specific occupations in the agriculture and construction industries.
Applicants must also meet a number of general Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) criteria.
“Applicants can only apply if they meet all eligibility criteria, have received a permanent and full-time job offer from an Ontario employer and have a completed and signed Employer Form to upload as part of the application package,” an Ontario immigration statement says.
Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream: Target Occupations
|National Occupational Classification||Occupation|
|NOC 7441||Residential and commercial installers and servicers|
|NOC 7521||Heavy equipment operators (except crane)|
|NOC 8431||General farm workers|
|NOC 8432||Nursery and greenhouse workers|
|NOC 8611||Harvesting labourers|
|NOC 7611||Construction trades helpers and labourers|
|NOC 9462||Industrial butchers, meat cutters, poultry preparers, related workers|
Key Candidate Requirements
- Permanent and full-time job offer in one of the eligible occupations.
- Job offer that meets the prevailing wage in Ontario for the occupation. For those already working in the position, the wage must be equal or greater than your current wage.
Further Candidate Requirements
1) Work Experience
One year of cumulative work experience in the last three years in one of the eligible occupations. Experience must be paid and full time, or the equivalent amount in part time work in Ontario Seasonal work does not count.
Equivalent of Canadian high school education or above.
3) Valid certificate or licence
Valid certificate or license at the time of application for any claimed work experience that requires it.
Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 in English or French in all language competencies (reading, writing, listening, and speaking).
5) Settlement Funds
Sufficient funds and/or income in Ontario to cover settlement costs for you and your family members.
1) Active in business for minimum three years.
2) Business premises in Ontario.
3) Comply with provincial labour laws including employment standards, health and safety, labour relations.
4) If inside the Greater Toronto Area:
- a) Minimum $1 million in gross annual revenue in most recent financial year.
- b) Have five permanent full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents at location where you will work.
5) If outside the Greater Toronto Area:
- a) Minimum $500,000 in gross annual revenue in most recent financial year.
- b) Have three permanent full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents at location where you will work.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.