PLEASE NOTE: The Ontario Masters Graduate Stream has closed since this article was published
January 29, 2018 – The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program opened its two key international student streams for applications on January 29, 2018.
The two streams opened were the Masters Graduate and the PhD Graduate, both of which do not list a job offer as a requirement, making them highly popular among immigration candidates.
A provincial statement said: “The OINP is now accepting applications to the Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate Streams.
“Please note that the OINP is monitoring the intake of applications with respect to the limits of Ontario’s 2018 nomination allocation. Applicants will be informed when the application intake limits for each stream have been met.”
Livestream Video: How International Students Can Immigrate to Canada
Ontario is one of the only provinces running immigration streams for international graduates that do not require a job offer. The other is Quebec under the Quebec Experience Program.
Changes to the Ontario International Masters Graduate Stream in 2017 mean applications are now accepted from candidates living in Ontario or abroad and the added option of using a different service provider for language testing.
Applications from other Canadian provinces or territories are not accepted.
Latest Ontario Express Entry Draw Sees 380 Invited to Apply
Ontario Receives Increased OINP Allocation and Opens All But Two Immigration Streams
An Overview of Ontario’s 2017 Immigration Strategy Progress Report
Application spots are again expected to fill up quickly, despite the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program having an increased allocation of 6,600 places for 2018.
This is up 600 places on the 2017 total and dramatically more than the 2,500 cap from 2014.
To be eligible to apply for an Ontario nomination as an international student, candidates must:
- Have completed at least half of their studies in Canada;
- Be in their last semester of post-secondary studies;
- Or have completed their studies in Canada within two years.
A $1500 processing fee is charged for applications submitted under this category.
PhD Graduate Stream: Requirements
- Graduated from a PhD degree program at a publicly funded Ontario university and have completed at least two years of study.
- Intend to live and work in Ontario.
- Must legally live in Canada if applying from within. Applications from abroad also accepted.
- Application must be within two years of date on PhD diploma.
Masters Graduate Stream: Requirements
- Graduated from a Master’s degree program at a publicly funded Ontario university and have completed at least one year full time.
- Have level 7 or above English or French.
- Lived in Ontario for at least one year in the last two.
- Have sufficient settlement funds.
- Intend to live and work in Ontario.
- Must either legally live in Ontario or live abroad. Applications from elsewhere in Canada will not be accepted.
- Application must be within two years of date on master’s degree certificate.
Status of Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Streams
|Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry)||Open|
|French-Speaking Skilled Worker (Express Entry)||Open|
|Skilled Trades (Express Entry)||Open|
|Employer Job Offer||Open|
|International Student (Masters Graduate)||Closed|
|International Student (PhD Graduate)||Open|
|Investor Immigration (Corporate)||Open|
|Investor Immigration (Entrepreneur)||Open|
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.