Last Updated on February 7, 2020
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program stream opened on March 5, 2019 to receive a target of 1,000 applications.
After opening at 10am, the stream closed again at 11.42am due to a technical problem.
The province says it will reopen the stream once the issue has been identified and solved.
Ontario Immigration’s Master Graduate Stream Closes Due to Technical Issue
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Gets 2019 Nomination Allocation Boost
Ontario’s 2018 Nominations Represent 13,571 Potential New Permanent Residents
“The OINP continues to investigate the cause of the technical issues experienced during the March 5 opening of the Masters Graduate Stream,” an OINP statement said.
“We are working to open the stream as soon as possible, once we know the system issues have been fully addressed.”
Ontario has advised candidates to continue to monitor its website for future developments.
The Masters Graduate Stream is aimed at candidates who have graduated from a master’s program at an eligible Ontario institution, meet language requirements and have lived in the province for at least one year in the last two. A job offer is not required.
Candidates must register online through the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program e-Filing Portal.
Ontario issued nominations to 1,215 Masters Graduate Stream candidates in 2018, out of an annual total of 6,850 OINP nominations.
Ontario is one of the only provinces running immigration streams for international graduates that do not require a job offer. The other is Quebec under the Quebec Experience Program.
Changes to the Ontario International Masters Graduate Stream in 2017 mean applications are now accepted from candidates living in Ontario or abroad.
Applications from other Canadian provinces or territories are not accepted.
To be eligible to apply for an Ontario nomination as an international student, candidates must:
- Have completed at least half of their studies in Canada;
- Be in their last semester of post-secondary studies;
- Or have completed their studies in Canada within two years.
Masters Graduate Stream: Requirements
- Graduated from a master’s degree program at a publicly funded Ontario university and have completed at least one year full time.
- Have level 7 or above English or French.
- Lived in Ontario for at least one year in the last two.
- Have sufficient settlement funds.
- Intend to live and work in Ontario.
- Must either legally live in Ontario or live abroad. Applications from elsewhere in Canada will not be accepted.
- Application must be within two years of date on master’s degree certificate.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.