Last Updated on September 14, 2016
We are currently accepting requests from foreign nationals with suitable experience and training as Plasterers / Drywall Installers, seeking to live and work in Canada on an expedited basis, for immediate full time employment in this occupation in Canada.
Our fast track work programs provide qualified applicants and their families with immediate temporary entry to Canada on the basis of a government approved offer of full time employment commensurate with their qualifications.
Qualified applicants will receive work permits for immediate entry to Canada along with their family dependents. Thereafter qualified applicants and their families may also apply for Canadian permanent residence.
Canadian employers offer annual remunerative benefit packages which can exceed C$70,000.
To qualify, prospective applicants must meet the following basic requirements:
- You must have a minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience.
- You must have completed a suitable 3-year apprenticeship program.
- You must have good English or French language skills.
- You must attest to being drug free.
- You must have a clean police record during the past 5 years (excluding speeding offences).
If you meet the above minimum requirements you must have experience carrying out the majority of the following duties:
- Clean and prepare surfaces;
- Mix plaster ingredients in trough to desired consistency;
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster using trowels, floats, brushes and spraying equipment;
- Trowel or spray coats of stucco over exteriors of buildings to form weatherproof surfaces;
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required;
- Cure freshly plastered surfaces;
- Mould and install ornamental plaster panels, cornices and trim;
- Spray acoustic materials or texture finish over walls and ceilings.
Drywall installers and finishers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Measure, cut and fit drywall sheets for installation on walls and ceilings;
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists;
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners;
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife;
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound;
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry;
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints;
- Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings.
Individuals who meet the above five (5) basic requirements and who perform the majority of the above descriptions may be eligible for our Fast Track Work Program as a Plasterer / Drywall Installer.
How to proceed forward with our assistance
- Complete the following questionnaire and we will further evaluate your qualifications.
- We will evaluate your qualifications and contact you within 1-2 business days to discuss the modalities of this program.
We look forward to assisting you in relocating to Canada soon!