The suspension – from July 10 to November 1, 2019 – aims to prioritize ‘the selection of people with jobs in Quebec during this period’, a Quebec immigration ministry (MIDI) statement said.
Quebec graduates which wish to stay in the province can still apply to Canada’s federal government for a Post-Graduation Work Permit.
Two groups of candidates are exempt from the suspension, MIDI has announced, and can continue to submit applications for the Quebec Graduate Stream.
The exemptions are:
- Graduates who have a valid work permit as of July 10, 2019, that expires before November 1, 2019.
- Candidates who had a Quebec Selection Certificate terminated as part of the ratification of Bill 9 on June 16, 2019, AND EITHER
- Were a temporary resident of Quebec at the time of their application, OR
- Were working or studying in Quebec on June 16, 2019.
New Quebec Skilled Worker Immigration System Begins
Quebec Makes Important Expression of Interest Changes With First Invitations Imminent
Quebec To Start Issuing Invitations Under New Expression of Interest Immigration System
The Quebec Graduate Stream enables qualified international students, on a valid study permit, to apply for permanent residence after successfully completing approved full-time studies in an eligible study program in the province of Quebec.
Applications in the stream are treated on a priority basis and generally conclude in less than 12-months.
International students who have the required finances and other qualifications, must first obtain admission to an eligible study program and must obtain a study permit to study in Canada.
Quebec Graduate Stream Requirements
Completion of one of the following eligible diplomas
- Bachelor Degree (University Undergraduate);
- Maitrise/Master (et le MBA), Doctorat ;
- DEC – diploma of college studies, technical training;
- DEP – diploma of vocational studies) attesting to 1800 hours of study or more;
- DEP followed by ASP – attestation of vocational specialization) attesting to a minimum of 1800 hours of continuing education and leading to a particular trade
You must have resided temporarily in Québec for at least half of the study program on a study permit and have respected the conditions of your stay.
Knowledge of advanced intermediate oral French
In order to meet the French language requirement, candidates must choose one of five options:
- If you pursue studies in one of the eligible diploma programs listed above, completely in French, this confirms your knowledge of the required French language level; Or
- Providing an attestation of results of a French test or diploma recognized by the authorities that demonstrates B2 (intermediate) French in oral comprehension and production; Or
- Providing a final transcript attesting to the successful completion of an advanced intermediate level French course taken in Québec, in a recognized educational institution included on the list of French courses eligible under the PEQ; Or
- Providing a regular licence to practise from a professional order in Québec or an attestation of fulfilment of the language requirements of a professional order in Québec or an attestation of successful completion of an examination administered by the Office québécois de la langue française for the purposes of obtaining a regular licence to practise.
- Providing a final transcript to attest to the successful completion of at least three years of full-time secondary or post-secondary study completed entirely in French.
NOTE: You must be at least 18 years old and hold a valid passport and, if you are submitting your application within Canada, be legally residing in Québec at the time of submission of your application.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.