It follows a week after the French-speaking province issued 1,202 invitations in its largest-ever draw.
The latest draw, on September 15, required a minimum score of 563 points on the Quebec Expression of Interest points system. Candidates also had to have a valid job offer outside the Montreal area.
Quebec has now issued 2,211 invitations in September, compared to 2,641 in the whole of the rest of 2022.
Quebec Expression Of Interest Draws 2022
|Date of invitations||Invites Issued||Minimum Score||Date of extraction from Arrima bank|
|Sept 15, 2022||1,009||563||September 13, 2022 at 6.30am|
|Sept 8, 2022||1,202||620||September 6, 2022 at 6.30am|
|August 11, 2022||58||–||August 9, 2022 at 6.30am|
|July 7, 2022||351||551 to 624, dependent on category||June 28, 2022 at 6.30 am|
|May 5, 2022||30||–||May 2, 2022 at 6.30am|
|Apr 7, 2022||33||–||April 3, 2022, 6.30am|
|Mar 10, 2022||506||577||March 7, 2022 at 6.30am|
|Feb 24, 2022||306||630||Feb 22, 2022 at 6.30am|
|Feb 10, 2022||523||592||Feb 07, 2022 at 6.30am|
|Jan 27, 2022||322||647||Jan 25, 2022 at 6.30am|
|Jan 13, 2022||512||602||Jan 9, 2022 at 6.30am|
How Does Quebec Expression of Interest Work?
- Candidates submit an online expression of interest profile via Arrima.
- Profiles enter into an Expression of Interest pool, where they are ranked against each other using a points system and are valid for 12-months.
- The highest-ranking candidates are invited to apply for a Quebec Certificate of Selection under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program via periodic draws.
- Candidates receiving an invitation have 60 days to submit a full application.
- Approved candidates who receive a nomination certificate (CSQ) may then apply to the federal government for Canadian permanent residence.
Quebec Expression of Interest Points System
The Quebec Expression of Interest points system is used to rank profiles submitted via Arrima to the Expression of Interest bank, with the highest-ranked profiles invited to apply for Quebec immigration under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
Candidates and their spouse or common-law partner can score up to 1,320 points based on human capital and Quebec labour market factors.
What Are the Requirements for Quebec Expression of Interest?
The Quebec Expression of Interest points system involves points in two categories, with some including points for the spouse of common law partner of the principal candidate.
- Human capital factors:
- French language ability.
- French and English combined.
- Work experience.
- Quebec labour market factors:
- Work experience in a field with a labour shortage.
- Qualifications in one of Quebec’s areas of training.
- Level of Quebec education.
- Professional experience in Quebec.
- Professional experience in the rest of Canada.
- Job offer inside or outside Greater Montreal.