September 18, 2018 – Quebec immigration authorities have opened its new on-line skilled worker immigration Expression of Interest system, named ‘Arrima’.
The province’s Department of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion (MIDI) developed the invitation system as a management tool.
It is designed to maintain a continuous flow of new Quebec immigration skilled workers with profiles that meet the labour needs of Quebec businesses.
How to Qualify under the New Saskatchewan and Quebec Expression of Interest Immigration Systems
Quebec Expression of Interest 2018: Details Begin to Emerge
New Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) to Feature Higher Investment Requirements Beginning August 2, 2018
Arrima works in a similar way as the federal Express Entry system. It features an Expression of Interest Bank for candidates seeking Quebec skilled worker immigration.
Candidates submit an Expression of Interest and enter into a pool where the highest-scoring profiles will be invited to apply for a Quebec Certificate of Selection (CSQ) under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
The new rules replace the current first-come, first-served system. It is expected to reduce the processing time for economic immigration applicants to less than a year.
It gives priority to skilled worker immigrants who best meet the needs of the Quebec labour market.
How Does Quebec Expression of Interest Work?
- Candidates submit an online expression of interest profile to the Quebec Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion (MIDI).
- Profiles enter an Expression of Interest pool, where they are ranked against each other. A profile is valid for 12-months.
- The highest-ranking candidates will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for a Quebec Certificate of Selection under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
- Quebec conducts periodic draws, inviting candidates to apply for a Quebec certificate of selection (CSQ).
- Candidates receiving an invitation have 90 days to submit a full application.
- Approved candidates who receive a nomination certificate (CSQ) may then apply for Canadian permanent residence.
What Are the Requirements for Quebec Expression of Interest?
Candidates are ranked under many factors including education, work experience, age, language ability and time spent in Quebec. A valid job offer is also an important factor.
The qualifications of a candidate’s spouse or partner are also considered.
How to Qualify Under Quebec Expression of Interest
What Points Are Available Under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program?
|Profile factor||Max points available|
|Areas of training||12|
|Time spent and family in Quebec||8|
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.