Last Updated on February 6, 2020
2019-11-11 – Alberta immigration has announced the details of two new provincial draws from the Express Entry pool, with Comprehensive Ranking System scores dropping as low as 300.
The province conducted Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program draws on October 24 and 30, with a total of 401 Notification of Interest letters sent.
In the October 24 draw, the province issued 372 NOI letters to candidates scoring as low as 300 points.
The October 30 draw saw 29 NOI letters sent to candidates scoring as low as 350.
Important requirements for the Alberta Express Entry stream are that candidates have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to the province, and are working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
For full details of the requirements for Alberta Express Entry, please see below.
Alberta has now conducted 27 draws tapping the federal Express Entry pool during 2019.
Alberta Express Entry Stream CRS Scores Again Drop As Low As 400
Alberta Express Entry Draw Issues 121 NOIs To Candidates With CRS Scores Of 400 Or More
Alberta Invites Express Entry Candidates With CRS Scores As Low As 352
As of November 5, 2019, Alberta has issued 5,171 of its 6,000 federal government nomination allocation.
The province also has 1,950 applications awaiting assessment.
Alberta Express Entry 2019 Notification of Interest Draws
|Draw Date||NOI Letters Sent||CRS Score of Lowest-Ranked Candidate|
Regular draws are conducted under the Alberta Express Entry stream, selecting candidates from the federal Express Entry pool and inviting them to apply to the AINP.
What are the requirements for Alberta Express Entry?
In order to be eligible to receive a notification of interest, candidates must:
- Have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool.
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta.
- Be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- Have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 points.
Factors that may improve a candidate’s chances of receiving notification of interest:
- A job offer from an Albertan employer and/or work experience in Alberta.
- Having graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Having a relative that is living in Alberta: parent, child and/or sibling.
Factors that decrease a candidate’s chances of receiving notification of interest:
- The Express Entry profile expires within the next 3 months
- You work in an ineligible occupation