Last Updated on September 14, 2016
We are currently accepting requests from foreign nationals with suitable experience and training as Respiratory Therapists, Clinical Perfusionists and Cardiopulmonary Technologists who are seeking to live and work in Canada on an expedited basis for immediate full time employment in this occupation in Canada.
Our fast track work programs provide qualified applicants and their families with immediate temporary entry to Canada on the basis of a government approved offer of full time employment commensurate with their qualifications.
Qualified applicants will receive work permits for immediate entry to Canada along with their family dependents. Thereafter qualified applicants and their families may also apply for Canadian permanent residence.
Canadian employers offer remunerative benefit packages which can exceed CAD $75,500.
To qualify, prospective applicants must meet the following basic requirements:
- Respiratory therapists:
You must have completed a three-year college, hospital or university degree program in respiratory therapy, including clinical training.
You must have completed a respiratory therapy or registered nursing program and a college or university program in clinical perfusion, including clinical training.
You must have completed a two-year college diploma in an allied health discipline such as respiratory therapy, nursing diploma, or a university degree in a related science and a college post-diploma program in cardiovascular technology with additional training in pulmonary technology through courses or supervised on-the-job clinical training.
- You must have a minimum of 1+ years of relevant experience.
- You must have good English or French language skills.
- You must attest to being drug free.
- You must have a clean police record during the past 5 years (excluding speeding offences).
If you meet the above minimum requirements you must have experience carrying out the majority of the following duties:
- Perform diagnostic tests, such as arterial blood gas analysis and cardiopulmonary functions tests
- Operate and monitor respiratory equipment to administer treatments such as oxygen, oxygen-air mixtures, humidified air or medications
- Operate, monitor, maintain and test a variety of diagnostic and therapeutic equipment
- Assess patients and perform or assist with interventions such as airway maintenance, line insertions, inductions and intubations
- Perform artificial respiration and external cardiac massage
- Assist with transport of high-risk patients
- Supervise and train students and other respiratory therapists
- Participate in home care programs for chronic respiratory patients and provide patient and family education
- Participate in research related to cardiac and pulmonary disorders.
- Assemble, maintain and operate extracorporeal circulation equipment, intra-aortic balloon pumps and other heart assist devices to support or temporarily replace patients’ cardiopulmonary functions during open-heart surgery
- Administer blood products, drugs and other substances through heart-lung machines and other devices as directed by cardiac surgeons and anaesthetists to maintain adequate flow of oxygenated blood to all organs of the body
- Monitor vital signs to support and maintain patients’ physiological functions and metabolic needs during cardiopulmonary surgery
- Participate in routine maintenance, calibration and inspection of all perfusion related equipment
- Supervise and train student clinical perfusionists and other clinical perfusionists.
- Perform diagnostic tests, such as pulmonary function and asthma stress, or assist physicians with cardiac and cardiopulmonary stress tests and bronchoscopies
- Determine patients’ blood characteristics such as activated clotting time and oxygen saturation
- Operate, monitor, maintain, calibrate and test diagnostic and therapeutic equipment
- Monitor patients and advise physician of any changes in patients’ condition
- Prepare medications and administer inhaler and other treatments under supervision of cardiologist
- Provide information and care for patients during tests
- Assist with the preparation of cardiac catheterization room, prepare specialized catheters and assist cardiologists during catheterization
- Perform analysis, programming and monitoring of implanted devices such as pacemakers and defibrillators during surgery
- Supervise and train students and other cardiopulmonary technologists
- Provide technical support for research.
Individuals who meet the above five (5) basic requirements and who perform the majority of the above descriptions may be eligible for our Fast Track Work Program as a Respiratory Therapist, Clinical Perfusionist or Cardiopulmonary Technologists.
How to proceed forward with our assistance
- Complete the following questionnaire and we will further evaluate your qualifications.
- We will evaluate your qualifications and contact you within 1-2 business days to discuss the modalities of this program.
We look forward to assisting you in relocating to Canada soon!