July 17, 2017 – The Saskatchewan immigration office will conduct the latest draw of the province’s Entrepreneur stream on Wednesday, July 19.
Potential business immigration candidates are advised to get their expressions of interest in urgently if they wish to be considered in this draw.
The previous Entrepreneur stream draw took place on May 24, 2017, although the Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP) does not publish figures on how many candidates were invited to apply.
Draws are also planned for October 18, 2017 and January 17, 2018, so there will be more opportunities for those who miss this deadline.
The Saskatchewan immigration Entrepreneur stream is a three-stage process:
- Expression of interest
- Invitation to submit application
The expression of interest must meet the following minimum entry requirements:
- Minimum net worth of $500,000 legally acquired.
- Minimum of three years of entrepreneurial or relevant management experience.
- Investment of at least $300,000 in Regina or Saskatoon, or $200,000 is any other Saskatchewan area.
Candidates enter a pool where they receive a score. The top scoring candidates are invited to submit an application.
Applications must include:
- Business Establishment Plan confirming figures in expression of interest, and including at least one third ownership of a company in Saskatchewan, unless investment is $1 million or higher.
- Commitment to be active in day-to-day management of business.
- Creation of two or more jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents if the business is located in Regina or Saskatoon.
The SINP website says: “Please note that the SINP reserves the right to have Business Establishment Plans assessed by professional third parties identified by the government of Saskatchewan. The assessment conducted by third parties will focus on the preparation and due diligence conducted by the applicant in preparing their proposed business plan.”
Meanwhile, Saskatchewan’s popular Canada Express Entry category remains open.
The International Skilled Worker – Saskatchewan Express Entry stream is currently accepting 462 applications, according to www.saskatchewan.ca.
The category is aimed at skilled workers wishing to live and work in Saskatchewan, have a profile in the Canada Express Entry Pool and meet specific criteria.
Saskatchewan recently opened its Canada Express Entry category for 600 new applications.
The places were eventually filled on May 25, 2017 after a technical glitch saw the province close and reopen the stream mid-way through the intake period, which initially opened on May 16, 2017.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.