August 2, 2018 – Saskatchewan has moved to increase the frequency of its Entrepreneur stream draws.
Previously, the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) conducted business Expression of Interest draws every three months.
Under new plans, the draws will take place every two months.
It means that instead of one more draw this year in October 2018, the province will conduct two, one in September and one in November.
When Will Saskatchewan Conduct Entrepreneur Draws?
- September 19, 2018
- November 21, 2018
How Does The Saskatchewan Entrepreneur Stream Work?
The Saskatchewan immigration Entrepreneur stream is a three-stage process:
- Expression of interest
- Invitation to submit application
The expression of interest must meet the following minimum entry requirements:
- Minimum net worth of $500,000 legally acquired.
- Minimum of three years of entrepreneurial or relevant management experience.
- Investment of at least $300,000 in Regina or Saskatoon, or $200,000 is any other Saskatchewan area.
Candidates enter a pool where they receive a score. The top scoring candidates are invited to submit an application.
Applications must include:
- Business Establishment Plan confirming figures in expression of interest, and including at least one third ownership of a company in Saskatchewan, unless investment is $1 million or higher.
- Commitment to be active in day-to-day management of business.
- Creation of two or more jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents if the business is located in Regina or Saskatoon.
The SINP website says: “Please note that the SINP reserves the right to have Business Establishment Plans assessed by professional third parties identified by the government of Saskatchewan. The assessment conducted by third parties will focus on the preparation and due diligence conducted by the applicant in preparing their proposed business plan.”
The most recent Saskatchewan Entrepreneur draw took place on July 18 and saw 187 invites issued to candidates scoring between 100 and 135 points. The average score was 105.
It was the fourth largest draw in the history of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program’s Entrepreneur stream.
Saskatchewan Entrepreneur Stream Draws
|Date||Lowest score||Average score||Highest score||Number of invitations|
Meanwhile, Saskatchewan recently moved to introduced an Expression of Interest system for its two most popular skilled worker streams.
As of July 16, 2018, The Saskatchewan Express Entry and Occupations In-Demand streams of the International Skilled Worker category began using EOI.
There have been no draw details published since the change was made.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.