Jan 11, 2018 – Saskatchewan immigration’s Canada Express Entry category has closed after 400 applications were received within 24 hours.
The International Skilled Worker – Saskatchewan Express Entry stream opened on January 10 and closed on January 11 after filling the 400 applications made available.
The province’s 2018 limit for the stream is 2,600 applications, with the category set to be opened and closed throughout the year so that processing times can be managed.
The category is aimed at skilled workers wishing to live and work in Saskatchewan, have a profile in the Canada Express Entry Pool and meet specific criteria.
Candidates must pay a non-refundable $300 fee on submitting their application.
Eligibility: International Skilled Worker – Saskatchewan Express Entry
Candidates from outside Canada, or with legal status in Canada, qualify for this Saskatchewan immigration category, provided they are not a refugee claimant.
Additionally, candidates must:
- Have a profile in the Canada Express Entry Pool and a job seeker validation code.
- Score a minimum of 60 points out of 100 on the SINP grid.
- Provide valid language test results from a designated testing agency. The results should match what you declared in your Express Entry profile.
- Have completed at least one year of post-secondary education, training or apprenticeship that’s comparable to the Canadian education system. You should have earned a diploma, certificate or degree.
- Have at least one of the following:
- One year of work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled profession (non-trades);
- Two years of work experience in a skilled trade in the past five years; or
- One year of work experience in Canada in the past three years (trades and non-trades).
- Have work experience in a high skilled occupation in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 0, A or B considered in demand in Saskatchewan.
- Prove you are eligible for a license in Saskatchewan, where your profession is regulated, or a skilled trade. For skilled trades, a certificate is required from the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission.
- Have proof of settlement funds and a settlement plan.
Saskatchewan Occupations In Demand
|National Occupation Classification (NOC)||Occupations|
|2133||Electrical and electronics engineers|
|2141||Industrial and manufacturing engineers|
|2147||Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)|
|2173||Software engineers and designers|
|2175||Web designers and developer|
|4212||Social and community service workers|
|4214||Early childhood educators and assistants|
|3211||Medical laboratory technologists|
|124||Advertising, marketing and public relations managers|
|423||Managers in social, community and correctional services|
|1112||Financial and investment analysts|
|1122||Professional occupations in business management consulting|
|1123||Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations|
|2211||Chemical technologists and technicians|
|2212||Geological and mineral technologists and technicians|
|2121||Biologists and related scientists|
|2123||Agricultural representatives, consultants and specialists|
|2225||Landscape and horticulture technicians and specialists|
|2231||Civil engineering technologists and technicians|
|2241||Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians|
|2242||Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)|
|2243||Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics|
|2253||Drafting technologists and technicians|
|714||Facility operation and maintenance managers|
|7312||Heavy-duty equipment mechanics|
|7321||Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics|
|7322||Motor vehicle body repairers|
|811||Managers in natural resources production and fishing|
|821||Managers in agriculture|
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.