July 12, 2018 – Saskatchewan has announced it will join several other Canadian provinces in moving to an Expression of Interest immigration system.
Starting July 16, the province’s two International Skilled Worker streams will operate using EOI.
It means candidates will submit a profile to the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program and enter an EOI pool.
They will then be Invited to Apply for Saskatchewan immigration via one of the two streams.
What Are Saskatchewan’s International Skilled Worker Streams?
- Occupations In Demand
- Saskatchewan Express Entry
A Saskatchewan immigration statement said: “Candidates with attributes aligned to the needs of Saskatchewan’s labour market and immigration objectives are selected from the International Skilled Worker EOI system.
“These attributes include connections to the province, work experience, and language proficiency.”
How Will Saskatchewan’s Expression of Interest System Work?
- Candidate profiles will be valid for one year from day of submission.
- Candidates can only have one profile at any time.
- Candidates will be ranked based on the information provided.
- The highest-ranking candidates will be invited to submit a full application via regular draws.
- All candidate communication will take place via email.
- Candidates must make sure their profile is accurate. I a candidate’s circumstances change, they must update their profile.
- Profiles found to with false or omitted information will be refused.
What Is The Process For Saskatchewan Expression of Interest?
- Submit EOI profile.
- Enter EOI candidate pool.
- EOI candidates selected.
- Invitations to Apply issued via regular draws.
- Candidates submit full application within 60 days.
- SINP officials assess applications and make decision.
What You Need for the International Skilled Worker – Occupations In-Demand Category
- Score at least 60 out of 100 on the SINP point assessment grid.
- Language score of at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4.
- Post-secondary education, training or apprenticeship comparable to the Canadian education system of at least a year, earning a diploma, certificate or degree.
- Have at least one-year work experience in the past 10 years in your occupation (see list below)
- Obtain the appropriate licensure in Saskatchewan if your field so requires, as the authorities will not process an application without the licensure.
- Proof of settlement funds and a settlement plan.
Who is Eligible for Saskatchewan’s Express Entry Stream?
Candidates from outside Canada, or with legal status in Canada, qualify for this Saskatchewan immigration category, provided they are not a refugee claimant.
Additionally, candidates must:
- Have a profile in the Canada Express Entry Pool and a job seeker validation code.
- Score a minimum of 60 points out of 100 on the SINP grid.
- Provide valid language test results from a designated testing agency. The results should match what you declared in your Express Entry profile.
- Have completed at least one year of post-secondary education, training or apprenticeship that’s comparable to the Canadian education system. You should have earned a diploma, certificate or degree.
- Have at least one of the following:
- One year of work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled profession (non-trades);
- Two years of work experience in a skilled trade in the past five years; or
- One year of work experience in Canada in the past three years (trades and non-trades).
- Have work experience in a high skilled occupation in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 0, A or B considered in demand in Saskatchewan.
- Obtain the appropriate licensure in Saskatchewan where your profession is regulated, or a skilled trade. For skilled trades, a certificate is required from the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission.
- Have proof of settlement funds and a settlement plan.
What Are Saskatchewan’s Occupations in Demand?
|National Occupation Classification (NOC)||Occupations|
|2147||Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)|
|2173||Software engineers and designers|
|2175||Web designers and developers|
|3215||Medical Radiation Technologists|
|4212||Social and community service workers|
|4214||Early childhood educators and assistants|
|3211||Medical laboratory technologists|
|4162||Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts|
|2123||Agricultural representatives, consultants and specialists|
|2242||Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)|
|7201||Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations|
|7204||Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades|
|7312||Heavy-duty equipment mechanics|
|7321||Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics|
|7322||Motor vehicle body repairers|
|7384||Recreation Vehicle Service|
|0822||Managers in horticulture|
|2225||Landscape and horticulture technicians and specialists|
|8252||Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers|
|0821||Managers in agriculture|
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.