Last Updated on February 7, 2020
November 30, 2018 – Ontario immigration has issued Notifications of Interest to a new group of candidates through the provincial Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream.
The November 26 draw saw 181 NOIs issued to Ontario immigration candidates.
To qualify for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program draw, applicants needed to have submitted Express Entry profiles between January 1 and November 26, 2018.
Skilled Trades candidates have now been the subject of 18 Ontario draws so far in 2018, with a total of 1,626 ITAs issued.
The stream has no minimum points requirement.
Ontario Express Entry: Skilled Trades Stream
The Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream targets skilled trades workers in the construction and agricultural sectors, but could be expanded in the future.
To qualify applicants must have:
- Pending application under the Federal Express Entry system;
- At least 12 months of paid cumulative or continuous Ontario work experience with the last two years prior to your Notification of Interest in National Occupation Classification 633, or major groups 72, 73 or 82;
- Proof of Ontario license or certification if your occupation so requires;
- A valid work permit and be resident in Ontario at the time of application;
- English or French-language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 or above in reading, writing, listening and speaking;
- Proof of settlement fund to cover you and your dependents, with the minimum amount determined by official Low-Income Cut-Offs.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) began publishing information about specific draws at the beginning of 2018.
Ontario has also conducted several Human Capital Priorities, French Speaking Skilled Worker and Entrepreneur Stream draws throughout the year.
Ontario NOIs Issued So Far in 2018
|Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP)||3,719|
|French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream (FSSW)||1,519|
|Skilled Trades Stream (ST)||1,626|
The OINP received an increased federal government allocation for 2018 of 6,600 nominations, up 600 on the number for 2017.
It recently announced it had reached its nomination allocation for 2018.
Candidates now being issued with Notifications of Interest will be nominated under the 2019 allocation, if their applications are successful.
The province is currently accepting applications for all but one of its immigration streams.
Status of Ontario Streams
|Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry)||Open|
|French-Speaking Skilled Worker (Express Entry)||Open|
|Skilled Trades (Express Entry)||Open|
|Employer Job Offer||Open|
|International Student (Masters Graduate)||Closed|
|International Student (PhD Graduate)||Open|
|Investor Immigration (Corporate)||Open|
|Investor Immigration (Entrepreneur)||Open|
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.