March 5, 2019 – Canada targets specific Digital Media and Design occupations for two-week work permit processing through the Global Talent Stream.
The targeted occupations include those related to virtual reality, at the cutting edge of the technology economy in which Canada is looking to foster growth.
The positions fall broadly under National Occupational Classification 5241, while the terms of the GTS state that offers must feature salaries of $80,000 or higher for experienced candidates.
GTS requirements state: “Position requires a minimum of five years of experience in at least one of the following digital media design skills: 3D modeling, virtual reality, augmented reality, digital media animation, levels editing for digital media design, software editing for digital media design, pipeline software development or applications relevant for digital media design.”
Duties for Digital Media and Design candidates are below. It is important to note these duties are specifically related to the above positions when it comes to qualifying for GTS.
Digital Media and Design: Duties
- Consult with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials in order to meet their needs.
- Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication.
- Develop the graphic elements that meet the clients’ objectives.
- Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements of the subjects to be rendered using traditional tools, multimedia software and image processing, layout and design software.
- Estimate cost of materials and time to complete graphic design.
- Use existing photo and illustration banks and typography guides or hire an illustrator or photographer to produce images that meet clients’ communications needs.
- Establish guidelines for illustrators or photographers.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of production for print, audio-visual or electronic materials, such as Web sites, CDs and interactive terminals.
- Co-ordinate sub-contracting.
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Supervise other graphic designers or graphic arts technicians.
- Consult with clients to determine the nature and content of illustrations in order to meet their communications needs.
- Develop and produce realistic or representational sketches and final illustrations, by hand or using computer-assisted design (CAD) software, for printed materials such as books, magazines, packaging, greeting cards and stationery.
- Assist in developing storyboards for electronic productions such as multimedia, interactive and digital products and television advertising and productions.
- Produce 2-D and 3-D animated drawings or computer illustrations.
- May adapt existing illustrations.
Salaries for Digital Media Design
Given the very specific occupations mention for Digital Media and Design candidates, looking at average salaries is unhelpful.
The best guide is the GTS minimum salary of $80,000 for candidates with five years or more experience. This gives a clear idea of what qualified, experienced candidates can expect to make.
As experience grows, so should the salary available.
How Immigration.ca Can Help Digital Media Designers Move to Canada
At immigration.ca we offer our international clients top to bottom assistance in both immigration and employment.
We provide individual Global Talent Stream work permit candidates with:
- Comprehensive job search service through our in-house recruitment enterprises, skilledworker.com and grnmontreal.com.
- Contacts to 500 Canadian employers.
- Live face-to-face tutorial on how to harness the power of LinkedIn.
- Expert advice on revising online profiles to maximise hiring opportunities.
Once candidates are in Canada and working through the GTS, they can apply for permanent residence through Express Entry or an applicable provincial nomination program (PNP).
Immigration.ca will maximize your chances with:
- Expert advice on how to maximize your profile score in the Express Entry Pool.
- Strategies on which areas of your profile could be improved to increase your score.
- Targeting provincial Express Entry streams that may be looking for candidates like you.
- Exploring the full range of Canada immigration options, both within and outside Express Entry.
How We Can Help Employers Looking To Hire Digital Media Designers
If you are an employer looking to recruit foreign talent from abroad, immigration.ca can help. Access our expertise through our in-house recruitment enterprises, www.grnmontreal.com and our newest asset, www.skilledworker.com, “the leader in foreign recruitment”.
From technology workers in British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec, Long-haul truck drivers in the Prairies and doctors in Nova Scotia we are able and ready to help with your search for the right staff to get your business grow.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.