April 30, 2018 – Canada’s technology companies are reporting a spike in interest from foreign technology workers as Donald Trump continues to pursue his immigration crackdown in the U.S.
Stakeholders see a direct relationship between the U.S. making it harder for high-skilled foreign talent to move there, and Canada attracting the same skilled workers through the Global Talent Stream.
The correlation is clear, with the U.S. H1-B visa deliberately being bogged down by red tape, skilled workers can get their applications to Canada processed within two weeks under the GTS.
How to Hire Top Skilled Workers Under Canada’s Global Talent Stream
Toronto Technology Companies Hiring More International Technology Workers
Global Talent Stream: Canadian Startups Report Continued Interest from U.S. Technology Workers
U.S. technology giants including Amazon, Google, Apple, and Microsoft have gone on record stating that making America less attractive of immigrants is making it tougher for them to attract foreign talent.
Meanwhile, a survey of 55 Canadian technology companies with annual revenue in excess of $1 million has revealed more than half had more international applications in 2017 than 2016.
With the U.S. once the dominant market for technology talent, observers are starting to see a shift in that status.
Watch: Canada Work Permit in Two Weeks Via Global Talent Stream
Of the companies surveyed, 45 per cent of them hired from abroad in 2017, with more than a third of them using the flagship Global Talent Stream to bring in workers. A significant proportion of these immigrants are engineers, data scientists and other technology workers.
Such immigrants will contribute more to the economy, integrate faster and better into Canadian society, and are likely to find it easier to qualify for permanent residence and, subsequently, citizenship over the long run.
Key Elements of The Global Talent Stream
- Two-week standard for processing Canada work permit applications (and Canada visa applications when applicable) for highly skilled talent.
- Dedicated service for companies looking to make significant job-creating investments in Canada.
- Companies applying for workers through the Global Talent Stream will have access to the new streamlined application process that will provide:
- Client-focused service to help guide eligible employers through the application process and the development of the Labour Market Benefits Plan, with a service standard of 10 business days.
- Eligibility for workers to have their work permit applications processed in 10 business days.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.
Read more news about Canada Immigration by clicking here.