Last Updated on May 22, 2015
The Ministerial Instructions prescribe a maximum cap of 8,000 new and complete CEC applications. Thus, officers of the CIC would only process a maximum of 8,000 new and complete CEC applications. This cap is currently valid for the period from May 01, 2014 to April 30, 2015. This cap would remain valid unless indicated otherwise in a future Ministerial Instruction.
This maximum overall cap of 8,000 new and complete applications includes:
- A maximum cap of 200 complete CEC applications for each eligible occupation in Skill Level B.
This is in accordance with the 2011 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Therefore, CIC officers would follow this version of the NOC while processing these applications.
In addition, some applicants would not be able to qualify based on the work experience criteria. Therefore, applicants with work experience in the following six ineligible occupations would not be able to qualify for processing:
- Unit Group 1221: Administrative Officers
- Unit Group 1241: Administrative Assistants
- Unit Group 1311: Accounting Technicians and Bookkeepers
- Unit Group 6211: Retail Sales Supervisors
- Unit Group 6311: Food Service Supervisors and,
- Unit Group 6322: Cooks
The Ministerial Instructions do not prescribe any sub-caps on CEC applications for occupations in:
- NOC Skill Type 0 or,
- NOC Skill Level A
However, officers would include these occupations within the overall cap of 8,000 new and complete applications.
Source : Citizenship and Immigration