Last Updated on April 27, 2015
Nature of Work:
Web designers and developers research, design, develop and produce Internet and Intranet sites. They are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, advertising agencies or they may be self-employed.
Web designers and developers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Consult with clients to develop and document Web site requirements
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Develop Web site architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Web site
- Create and optimize content for the Web site using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web-site related code
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- May lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop Web site graphics, content, capacity and interactivity
- May research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products.
Individuals who perform the majority of the above job description may be eligible for consideration under Quebec Immigration rules.
How to proceed forward with our assistance:
Complete the following questionnaire and receive in 1-2 days a free assessment of your qualifications for admission to Canada.