Civil Engineer (2131)
Nature of Work:
Civil engineers plan, design, develop and manage projects for the construction or repair of buildings, earth structures, powerhouses, roads, airports, railways, rapid transit facilities, bridges, tunnels, canals, dams, ports and coastal installations and systems related to highway and transportation services, water distribution and sanitation. Civil engineers may also specialize in foundation analysis, building and structural inspection, surveying, geomatics and municipal planning. Civil engineers are employed by engineering consulting companies, in all levels of government, by construction firms and in many other industries, or they may be self-employed.
Civil engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Confer with clients and other members of the engineering team and conduct research to determine project requirements,
- Plan and design major civil projects such as buildings, roads, bridges, dams, water and waste management systems and structural steel fabrications,
- Develop construction specifications and procedures,
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate building and construction materials,
- Interpret, review and approve survey and civil design work,
- Conduct field services for civil works,
- Ensure construction plans meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations,
- Establish and monitor construction work schedules,
- Conduct feasibility studies, economic analyses, municipal and regional traffic studies, environmental impact studies or other investigations,
- Monitor air, water and soil quality and develop procedures to clean up contaminated sites,
- Conduct technical analyses of survey and field data for development of topographic, soil, hydrological or other information and prepare reports,
- Act as project or site supervisor for land survey or construction work.
- Prepare contract documents and review and evaluate tenders for construction projects,
- Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.
Individuals who perform the majority of the above job description may be eligible for consideration under Quebec Immigration rules.
How to proceed forward with our assistance:
Complete the following questionnaire and receive in 1 2 days a free assessment of your qualifications for admission to Canada.