The Quebec government selects business people, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals wishing to become Canadian permanent residents and settle in the province.
Candidates may be eligible to apply under one of three business immigration categories:
The Quebec government continues to promote the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program. The three primary conditions to be eligible under the program are:
- Demonstrate a personal net worth of at least $1.6 million legally acquired through conducting business or holding a high-level management position in a private company, government or NGO.
a) Having owned and operated a business for two years in the previous five years, OR
b) Having held a high level management position for two years in the previous five years in a private company, government or NGO.
- Invest $800,000 in a passive government guaranteed investment for a period of five years and receive no interest. Applicants may finance their investment and liquidate only $180,000 to $220,000 into a government approved financing program for five years and receive no return of capital.
Every year, the government places numerical and territorial quotas on applications.
Complete our Free Assessment to determine whether you qualify for immigration to Canada under the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program.
The Quebec Immigrant Entrepreneur Program aims to recruit individuals who have the skills and experience to operate a business in the province. The primary conditions to apply are:
- Demonstrate a legally acquired personal net worth of at least $300,000.
- Demonstrate significant ownership and day to day senior management of a successful business for two years in the previous five years.
- Commit to investing a minimum of $100,000 in establishing, purchasing or expanding a business or entering into a successful partnership and retaining at least 25 per cent ownership interest.
- Commit to creating at least one full time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Applicants are also evaluated according to various selection factors and must obtain a minimum number of points based on their education, work experience, age, language proficiency, business plan, and ties to Quebec.
Every year, the government accepts a limited number of applications in the entrepreneur category.
Complete our Free Assessment to determine whether you qualify for immigration to Canada as a Quebec Immigrant Entrepreneur Program.
To qualify under the Quebec Self-Employed Program, applicants must meet the following conditions that differentiates them from the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
- Have two years of applicable experience.
- Possess a personal net worth of $100,000.
- Have sufficient settlement funds to support themselves and their family.
- Work in a profession defined in the National Occupational Classification. Prospective applicants must also meet licensing requirements for their profession.
Like skilled workers, a self-employed applicant is assessed on nine factors and must obtain sufficient points in order to qualify.
Complete our Free Assessment to determine whether you qualify for immigration to Canada via the Quebec Self-Employed Program.