Last Updated on April 3, 2016
A PTNP is a program that allows provincial and territorial governments to nominate candidates from the Express Entry Pool for permanent residence. Candidates who receive a nomination will get 600 points under the comprehensive ranking system (CRS). These points will usually be enough to enable a candidate to receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence (ITA).
For more information on the CRS, click here.
For more information on ITAs, click here.
When deciding whether to nominate a candidate, a provincial government will consider all of the general Express Entry Criteria as well as:
- The applicant’s ability to become economically established in the province
- The applicant’s intention to live in the province on a permanent basis.
While provinces can nominate anybody that they choose for permanent residence, all provincially nominated applicants must still meet the Express Entry requirements. This includes meeting the program requirements for:
Provinces that wish to nominate an applicant must take the following steps:
- Identify a candidate in the Express Entry pool who meets the Express Entry criteria. A provincial government may only choose from amongst the candidates who have indicated an interest in immigrating to the province in their Express Entry profile.
- Inform the candidate that he or she will be nominated for permanent residence. After a province expresses interest in nominating a candidate, the candidate has 30 days to accept the nomination. Note. A candidate can only accept a nomination from one province at a time.
- If the candidate accepts the nomination, he or she will receive 600 comprehensive ranking score points and likely receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence.
If a province wishes to nominate a candidate who is not already in the Express Entry pool, the province must first show the applicant how to create an Express Entry profile and then follow the three steps mentioned above.
For more information on Creating an Express Entry Profile, click here.
Once a candidate accepts a nomination from a province, the only way to cancel the nomination is for the candidate to delete his or her entire Express Entry profile.
Interested employers: Kindly contact us here to receive further information.
Interested candidates: Find out whether you qualify to Canada by completing our free on-line evaluation. We will provide you with our evaluation within 1-2 business days.