Last Updated on July 16, 2021
Quebec operates an Expression of Interest immigration system to select candidates for the Quebec Skilled Worker program. Candidates submit profiles via an online portal called Arrima.
The system is designed to allow candidates with the best credentials to get to the front of the line for Quebec immigration.
According to Quebec Ministry to Immigration, Francisation and Integration (MIFI), the Arrima portal is designed to maintain a continuous flow of new workers with profiles that meet the needs of Quebec businesses.
How Does Quebec Expression of Interest Work?
- Candidates submit an online expression of interest profile via Arrima.
- Profiles enter into an Expression of Interest pool, where they are ranked against each other using a points system and are valid for 12-months.
- The highest-ranking candidates are invited to apply for a Quebec Certificate of Selection under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program via periodic draws.
- Candidates receiving an invitation have 60 days to submit a full application.
- Approved candidates who receive a nomination certificate (CSQ) may then apply to the federal government for Canadian permanent residence.
Quebec Expression of Interest Points System
The Quebec Expression of Interest points system is used to rank profiles submitted via Arrima to the Expression of Interest bank, with the highest ranked profiles invited to apply for Quebec immigration under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
Candidates and their spouse or common law partner can score up to 1,320 points based on human capital and Quebec labour market factors.
Quebec Expression of Interest Draws
Quebec conducts periodic draws from the Expression of Interest Bank.
Quebec Introduces New Scoring System For Arrima Expression of Interest Profiles
Quebec Invests More In Helping New Immigrants Learn French
Quebec Conducts New Expression of Interest Draw, Invites 69 Candidates
Quebec Refugee Draw Picks 750 Applicants For Collective Sponsorship Program
Quebec Immigrant Integration Services Get $590,000 Shot in Arm In Bas-St. Laurent Region
What Are the Requirements for Quebec Expression of Interest?
The Quebec Expression of Interest points system involves points in two categories, with some including points for the spouse of common law partner of the principal candidate.
- Human capital factors:
- French language ability.
- French and English combined.
- Work experience.
- Quebec labour market factors:
- Work experience in a field with a labour shortage.
- Qualifications in one of Quebec’s areas of training.
- Level of Quebec education.
- Professional experience in Quebec.
- Professional experience in the rest of Canada.
- Job offer inside or outside Greater Montreal.
What Are The Processing Times?
Quebec says the Expression of Interest points system allows it to process applications to the Quebec Skilled Worker Program in 6 months.
The 6 months is calculated from when the complete application is received, which is after the Expression of Interest and Invitation to Apply steps.